Something´s creeping up… Oh, it´s just delicious ´Bloody Spider Deviled Eggs´ – Sorry for the very delayed post but better late than never and we hope it´s okay. These little creepers are not only delicious but also with lower fat and with less calories than usual because we switched the mayo out with non-fat yoghurt and they still taste super yummy… Well… At least we think so and we would love to hear what you think so comment down below 😉
- Cutting board for veggies
- Veggie knife
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. non-fat yoghurt (Chobani Plain)
- 1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1.5 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt, pepper and paprika
- 6-8 black olives
- Bring a pot of 2 inch water to a boil over high heat.
- Slowly lower your eggs with a tbsp. in the water and let it boil for about 9-10 min. over medium-high and turn off the stove.
- While eggs are boiling, rinse the black olives and cut them all in half lengthwise so you end up with 6 halves for spider bodies and thinly slice the rest of the halves into 48 for spider legs.
- Pour the water out and replace with cool tap water (with ice cubes).
- Now, when the eggs are cooled off, peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise.
- Carefully scoop the yolk into the small bowl with the tsp.
- Add the non-fat yoghurt, relish, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and paprika and mash it all together with a fork. Taste it and adjust with spices. Everyone have different taste and that´s okay.
- Spoon yolk mix back into egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
- Place half an olive in the middle and four spider legs on each side.
- Draw/stamp eyes and cross on the back with the tip of the fork in non-fat yoghurt and be creative – enjoy!
Tip: Bring them along in a snack box filled with other good stuff like avocado, nuts, olives, dried fruit or what do you prefer?